Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Anniversaries - Week April 29 through May 5

*Updated July 29, 2012 to add women's married name (maiden name in parenthesis)
Anniversaries

I'm thought I would add a weekly "anniversary" (births, deaths, marriages) post to my blog now that I have introduced so many family ancestors.  This will give readers an opportunity to reflect on this persons life.  I should have started this a while ago, but I hadn't thought of it.  It will take a while to create a calendar of these events, so I going to miss quite a few events in the beginning.  If I have written about the person in a previous blog, I will link to that posting rather than repeat information already posted.  I will post a picture if I have one.

Send me a reminder if you know of someone's event I miss.  

Birthdays:

Simeon Dewey (6th great grandfather) in Columbia, CT on May 1, 1718
Harold Frederick Tompkins (grandfather) in Woodstock, NB, CAN on May 1, 1893
Hannah (Heath) Bradley (7th great grandmother) in Haverhill, MA on May 3, 1667 




Harold and Alice
Marriages:

Dorothy Ingersoll to Jacob Phelps (8th great grandparents) in Hartford, CT on May 2, 1672
Elizabeth Cutler and William Miller (12th great grandparents) in England on May 3, 1564
Anna Jackson and Thomas Colby (11th great grandparents) in Horbling, England on May 4, 1596
Ann (?) and Isaac Southwick (6th great grandparents) in Reading, MA on May 5, 1691

Deaths:

Lydia (Peabody) Perley (8th great grandmother) in Boxford, MA on April 30, 1715
Thomas Hatch (10th great grandfather) in Barnstable, MA on May 1, 1661
Solomon Alden (4th great grandfather) in Lynn, MA on May 4, 1815
Henry Lyman (12th great grandfather) in Navestock, England on May 4, 1605
John Tompkins (7th great grandfather) in East Chester, NY on May 4, 1702


No comments:

Post a Comment