Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Fotos - 3-Way Creativity Meetup and Post Processing Workshop

I joined the Plymouth Digital Photographers Meetup on Saturday Feb. 4 to take photographs in Plymouth Harbor area and afterwards, post process the pictures creatively.  The objective was to post the original photo and then post process those photos two creative ways.  I was happy with my results and will post several of them.  First in each series of 3 is the original, then 2 processed variations of the original using Adobe Photoshop Elements.

This first photo is of a amusement park type ride on the pier.  I was talking with an former fishing boat captain and he told me that in the summer, tourists line up and pay $25 to ride this machine.  You crawl into the frame, your feet get strapped in the boots on the bottom, and you grab the pipes at the eleven and one o'clock position.  Then, you hang on for dear life as the operator spins the contraption.  The captain says that most people get sick.  In the two processed photos, I tried to capture what the motion and after ride sensation must feel like.

Spinning Wheel Ride - Original



Processed Photo to Add Blurred Motion - During Ride?

Used the Liquify Effect to Show How the Rider Must Feel After the Ride
This fisherman and his boat are located on top of a building on the pier.  In this next photo, the original was cropped to hide the building and most of the boat. 
Original Cropped Photo

Processed Using Layers - Made the Top Layer Black and White, then "Erased" the Hat and Pipe so the Yellow of Original Comes Through
Added the Plastic Wrap Effect to Simulate Stormy Weather
 I liked the colors of this pub sign (I also liked the name).

Original Photo
I Cropped and Added Lighting Effect in Elements

Added Polar Effect in Elements
There were several dingies tied up at the various piers.  It was difficult to isolate them in the photos, but I was mostly successful in this photo.
Original photo
I changed the tones in this version. I think the colors of the boat stand out better with darker water.

Added Vignette Effect

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! I like the "plastic wrap" effect

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very cool! I like the plastic wrap, too. It does look like a storm! I like the original photo of the boat best, because the water is just beautiful and reflective.

    ReplyDelete